Can I drink alcohol when using Zyvox?

While you are using Zyvox you should avoid drinking alcoholic beverages, especially beer (including alcohol-free beer) and red wines such as Chianti, because these drinks have high levels of an amino acid known as tyramine. Drinking beverages that contain tyramine while you are taking Zyvox can raise your blood pressure to dangerous levels. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
Why can taking antibiotics sometimes be harmful?
Antibiotics-when taken for viral infection-can actually have a negative effect by killing only the s...