Can I drink alcohol when using Zyvox?

While you are using Zyvox you should avoid drinking alcoholic beverages, especially beer (including alcohol-free beer) and red wines such as Chianti, because these drinks have high levels of an amino acid known as tyramine. Drinking beverages that contain tyramine while you are taking Zyvox can raise your blood pressure to dangerous levels. 

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
A "green" runny nose is not necessarily an indication of a bacterial infection, but it could be. You...
Who should not use an antibiotic ointment?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...