Advertisement

Can daptomycin (Cubicin) be overdosed?

Yes, like many other drugs, daptomycin (Cubicin) can be overdosed. If you think an overdose has occurred with the antibiotic daptomycin, seek immediate medical attention and call your local poison control center or call the National Poison Control Center at 1-800-222-1222.

In the case of an overdose, you might have some severe side effects. Call your doctor right away if you have any of these symptoms:

  • Constipation or diarrhea
  • Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
  • Dizziness
  • Extreme feelings of exhaustion or tiredness
  • Fast heartbeat (tachycardia)
  • Headaches
  • Increased sweating
  • Pale skin
  • Mental confusion
  • Muscle weakness or pain
  • Nausea and/or vomiting
  • Numbness, burning or tingling in the hands or feet
  • Redness, pain or swelling at the injection site
  • Severe diarrhea with bloody or watery bowel movements (may occur up to two months after treatment)
  • Shortness of breath, wheezing or any problems breathing
  • Stomach pain
  • Unusual weight gain