Does besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension interact with medications or food?

It is unlikely for there to be interactions between any oral or injected drugs and besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension. However, it is possible that other eye drops, prescription or over-the-counter, will interact with besifloxacin. Therefore, separate the administration times by at least 10 minutes. Tell your doctor about all of the medicines, supplements or vitamins that you take (prescription or over-the-counter). This is the best practice, since any drug has the possibility to interact with other medicines. Do keep in mind that you cannot wear contact lenses when you use these drops.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

When can antibiotics hurt more than help?
Some people may say there's no harm in taking antibiotics if you feel bad, but if you're fighting of...
Should I let my doctor know I am using antibiotic ointment?
It is always important to let your doctor know what medications you are on. Some ointments can c...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
How do antibiotics affect good bacteria?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
If you take antibiotics repeatedly, you diminish the population of good bacteria that protects y...