Does besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension interact with medications or food?

It is unlikely for there to be interactions between any oral or injected drugs and besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension. However, it is possible that other eye drops, prescription or over-the-counter, will interact with besifloxacin. Therefore, separate the administration times by at least 10 minutes. Tell your doctor about all of the medicines, supplements or vitamins that you take (prescription or over-the-counter). This is the best practice, since any drug has the possibility to interact with other medicines. Do keep in mind that you cannot wear contact lenses when you use these drops.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...
Who should not use an antibiotic ointment?
People with sensitive skin or who are unsure of what the rash is should avoid topical antibiotic...