Does besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension interact with medications or food?

It is unlikely for there to be interactions between any oral or injected drugs and besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension. However, it is possible that other eye drops, prescription or over-the-counter, will interact with besifloxacin. Therefore, separate the administration times by at least 10 minutes. Tell your doctor about all of the medicines, supplements or vitamins that you take (prescription or over-the-counter). This is the best practice, since any drug has the possibility to interact with other medicines. Do keep in mind that you cannot wear contact lenses when you use these drops.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Why can taking antibiotics sometimes be harmful?
Antibiotics-when taken for viral infection-can actually have a negative effect by killing only the s...
Should I give my child antibiotics for an ear infection?
Baptist Health South FloridaBaptist Health South Florida
Your child may not need antibiotics for an ear infection (otitis media). In light of concerns over o...