What should I avoid while taking Zyvox?

If you are taking Zyvox, avoid consuming foods and alcoholic beverages that are high in tyramine. This includes foods such as aged cheeses, sauerkraut, yogurt, raisins, bananas, sour cream, pickled foods, liver, cured or smoked meats, canned figs, avocadoes, soy, turkey, yeast extracts, papaya products, and fava beans. This also includes alcoholic beverages such as red wine and draught beer.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...