What should I avoid while taking Zyvox?

If you are taking Zyvox, avoid consuming foods and alcoholic beverages that are high in tyramine. This includes foods such as aged cheeses, sauerkraut, yogurt, raisins, bananas, sour cream, pickled foods, liver, cured or smoked meats, canned figs, avocadoes, soy, turkey, yeast extracts, papaya products, and fava beans. This also includes alcoholic beverages such as red wine and draught beer.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Should I give my child antibiotics?
I've been advising parents for a long time not to automatically give their kids antibiotics for ...
When is it appropriate to give children antibiotics?
When your child is coughing, sneezing, and downright miserable, the temptation is there to request a...