What should I avoid while receiving Zosyn?

Unless approved by your doctor, do not take other medications, prescription or over-the-counter or other herbal supplements and vitamins, while receiving Zosyn. They may prevent the antibiotics in Zosyn from working to their full potential. If you are scheduled to undergo any medical tests while receiving Zosyn, make sure to tell the test administrator. Antibiotics in the blood can skew test results.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Can taking antibiotics cause my child to have loose stools?
Dr. Tanya R. Altmann, MDDr. Tanya R. Altmann, MD
This is not an allergic reaction to the medicine. Diarrhea and mild abdominal pain are two of the mo...
When should I take antibiotics?
Antibiotics kill both bad and good bacteria. In this video, Dr. Oz tells us when you should take...