What should I avoid while taking amikacin?

There are no specific foods, drinks or activities that are specifically restricted while you're taking amikacin. Report any allergic reactions or side effects to your doctor. Avoid driving or using machinery until you're aware of how the medication affects you. If you get sleepy or dizzy more easily, avoid overexerting yourself and avoid standing too quickly.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What is an antibiotic?
An antibiotic is a chemical that assists your immune system in getting rid of bacteria. Antibiotics ...
Can I take antibiotics for an oral infection if I'm pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your dentist may need to use or prescribe medication as part of your treatment. Some medications...