Are there any risks associated with using Bacitracin?

As with any medication, there is always some risk of an adverse reaction when using Bacitracin. It can cause allergic reactions or blurred vision. Always read the package directions of this over-the-counter (OTC) medication before using it. If you have underlying health conditions, are pregnant or intend to use the medication on the very young or elderly, ask your doctor before applying Bacitracin.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...