Are there any risks in taking Zyvox?

As with any medication, there are risks in taking Zyvox. Some people develop lactic acidosis while taking Zyvox. This condition is serious and can be life-threatening. Symptoms of lactic acidosis are consistent nausea and vomiting. It may also cause muscle weakness or pain, dizziness, tiredness, stomach pain, trouble breathing, numbness in the arms and legs, and abnormal heart rate. You are more likely to develop lactic acidosis if you already have congestive heart failure, kidney or liver disease, or consume above average quantities of alcohol. Seek medical attention if you experience symptoms of lactic acidosis.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
When should my child take antibiotics?
Your child should take antibiotics if your doctor prescribes them.  Antibiotics are used to treat ba...
Can antibiotics help relieve pain from rheumatoid arthritis?
Antibiotics are an old treatment for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) that are getting a fresh look, though...