What are the risks of receiving Cubicin?

You and your doctor must consider all potential risks and benefits before the decision is made to prescribe Cubicin. You may have an allergic reaction to Cubicin that could be serious. Cubicin commonly causes mild diarrhea, but sometimes leads to pseudomembranous colitis, a severe form of diarrhea marked by bloody stools, stomach pain and cramps. Receiving Cubicin for a long time or for more than one treatment cycle, as well as stopping your treatment before all of your Cubicin is gone, may let bacteria grow resistant to the drug and make it harder for your doctor to treat you. Children under a year of age shouldn't be given Cubicin, because there is a potential risk of problems involving the muscles or nerves. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should speak to their doctors regarding this medication, since it may harm a developing fetus or pass through breast milk to a nursing infant.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
Not finishing an entire course of antibiotic treatment can have some bad outcomes.  Although you...
Do I need antibiotics if I have green nasal mucus?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
When cold or flu germs infect the nose, the nose makes mucus to help wash the germs away. At fir...