Do antibiotics treat all bacterial infections?

There are many different types of antibiotics that are made to treat various bacterial infections. However, some bacteria have become resistant to the effects of certain antibiotics and require treatment with alternative antibiotics to resolve infection. For example, a commonly known bacteria that is resistant to several antibiotics is MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus). There are some bacteria that are resistant to all known antibiotics and cannot be treated.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Should antibiotics be banned in animal feed?
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requested that livestock producers cut back on low-dose a...
Who should take antibiotics before going to the dentist?
Dr. Todd A. Welch, DMDDr. Todd A. Welch, DMD
You only need to take an antibiotic premedication if the dentist will be doing a procedure that invo...