Can I get another infection while taking ticarcillin-clavulanate?

Because ticarcillin-clavulanate (Timentin) is often taken through a catheter (a needle implanted under the skin), it is easy for an infection develop around that area. It's important you watch carefully for these symptoms of infection:

• redness
  • tenderness
  • pain
  • swelling
  • warmth
  • irritation
  • drainage

If any of these develop, call your health care provider immediately.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Can overuse of antibiotics cause liver damage?
Certain antibiotics can cause damage to the liver, some types such as isoniazid, nitrofurantoin,...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
Not finishing an entire course of antibiotic treatment can have some bad outcomes.  Although you...