Can I get another infection while taking ticarcillin-clavulanate?

Because ticarcillin-clavulanate (Timentin) is often taken through a catheter (a needle implanted under the skin), it is easy for an infection develop around that area. It's important you watch carefully for these symptoms of infection:

• redness
  • tenderness
  • pain
  • swelling
  • warmth
  • irritation
  • drainage

If any of these develop, call your health care provider immediately.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...
Do antibiotic ointments have any side effects?
There are many different antibiotic ointments. Some antibiotic ointments can cause an allergic r...