How soon after taking Zyvox will my symptoms improve?

Zyvox is usually administered for a maximum of 28 days. Your symptoms may improve before you finish taking your prescription. However, it is very important to finish your entire prescription and take this drug exactly as prescribed, even if you are feeling better.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
How can antibiotics cause hyperactivity in children?
Leopold D. Galland, MDLeopold D. Galland, MD
If your child becomes more hyperactive after taking antibiotics, an overgrowth of yeast in the intes...
What happens if I don't finish my antibiotic prescription?
Not finishing an entire course of antibiotic treatment can have some bad outcomes.  Although you...