What should I know about Zyvox before taking it?

Make sure you tell your doctor about any other drugs or medical conditions before taking Zyvox. You should not take Zyvox within 14 days of taking any drugs in a class called MAO inhibitors. Wait until the MAO inhibitor has cleared your body. Otherwise, this could cause life-threatening complications. Other drugs that have a negative effect include buspirone; migraine medications; ADHD drugs such as Adderall or Dexedrine; meperidine; appetite suppressants with stimulants; decongestants with pseudoephedrine; antidepressants such as amitriptyline, citalopram, doxepin, escitalopram, fluoxetine, fluvoxamine, imipramine, paroxetine, or sertraline; medications used to treat restless leg syndrome and Parkinson’s disease; cancer chemotherapy; and other antibiotics. You should also inform you healthcare practitioner if you have any of the following conditions: a severe thyroid disorder; allergy to linezolid; high blood pressure, or hypertension; tumors; epilepsy; kidney or liver disease; or a weakened immune system.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
What should I know about trovafloxacin and azithromycin before taking them?
It is not known if azithromycin eyedrops are safe or effective for children under 1 year old. If yo...
Is there a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin)?
There is a generic version of Baciguent (bacitracin). It is an inexpensive over-the-counter (OTC) me...