What should I know about Tobrex before using it?

Tobrex is an ophthalmic antibiotic ointment or solution used to treat bacterial eye infections. Tobrex treats bacterial eye infections only, and should not be used for viral or fungal eye infections. Do not allow the opening of the tube or applicator to come in contact with anything, including your eyes and hands, as this could cause contamination.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
When can antibiotics hurt more than help?
Some people may say there's no harm in taking antibiotics if you feel bad, but if you're fighting of...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...