What should I know about ertapenem injection before taking it?

You should know that ertapenem for injection will be given by your doctor or nurse in the hospital. You may have an allergic reaction to ertapenem if you are allergic to any other carbapenem antibiotics, penicillins or cephalosporins. This antibiotic should not be used for meningitis, because drug levels may not be high enough in that area.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
What should I avoid while using an antibiotic ointment?
While you are using an antibiotic ointment, avoid things that will irritate your wound like clot...
Can I take antibiotics for an oral infection if I'm pregnant?
American Dental AssociationAmerican Dental Association
Your dentist may need to use or prescribe medication as part of your treatment. Some medications...