What should I know about ertapenem injection before taking it?

You should know that ertapenem for injection will be given by your doctor or nurse in the hospital. You may have an allergic reaction to ertapenem if you are allergic to any other carbapenem antibiotics, penicillins or cephalosporins. This antibiotic should not be used for meningitis, because drug levels may not be high enough in that area.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
Do I Need an Antibiotic?
If you’ve got a fever and you’re coughing, congested or battling a sore throat, chances are you’re also missing work, losing sleep—and running out of ...
Does my child need antibiotics if his nose runs with yellow or green mucus?
When germs that cause colds first infect the nose and sinuses, the nose makes clear mucus. This help...
How can I safely take antibiotics?
Do not demand antibiotics when a doctor says they are not needed. Do not take an antibiotic for a vi...