What should I know about Cubicin before taking it?

Because taking Cubicin with certain blood thinners or cholesterol-regulating medications may raise the risk of side effects, tell your doctor if you are on these drugs before having Cubicin prescribed. Combining Cubicin with tobramycin may diminish its effectiveness. At your doctor's discretion, you may need to avoid Cubicin if you take certain other medications, supplements or vitamins; have kidney, nerve, muscle, bowel or liver diseases or disorders; are allergic to certain foods or medications; or are pregnant or breastfeeding.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
How do antibiotics affect good bacteria?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
If you take antibiotics repeatedly, you diminish the population of good bacteria that protects y...
Do I need antibiotics for my cold if my mucous is thick, green or yellow?
Thick, green or yellow mucus does not necessarily mean you need antibiotics. Mucus is often thicker ...