What should I know about besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension?

If you wear contacts, you will need to remove them while using besifloxacin ophthalmic suspension. Do not wear contacts if you still have symptoms of the bacterial eye infection that you are treating with this drug. Even if your symptoms improve, use this drug for the entire prescribed length of treatment to ensure that your infection has been completely treated. Since this is a suspension, shake the bottle once just before administration. Do not let the dropper tip touch the eye or skin.

Continue Learning about Antibiotic

FDA Issues Stronger Warning for Common Antibiotics
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is now requiring stronger warnings on the labels and medication guides for a class of commonly prescribed ...
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
6 Ailments That Call for an Antibiotic
When it comes to a lingering case of the sniffles, your first instinct may still be to run to the family doctor for an antibiotic to knock them out. ...
When should my child take antibiotics?
Your child should take antibiotics if your doctor prescribes them.  Antibiotics are used to treat ba...
What is an antibiotic ointment?
An antibiotic ointment is an oil-based preparation that fights bacteria on the skin. For example...