Will Advair HFA cause me to gain weight?

During the official clinical trials of Advair HFA, weight gain was not seen as a side effect. However, after being released to general use, both doctors and patients have reported increases in weight while taking the medication. How often this happens, and whether the medication is the reason, is unknown.

If you do gain weight, increase your exercise to at least 30 minutes most days of the week. Eat foods that are low in fat. Eat vegetables, fruits and grains. If the weight gain continues, or if it occurs when you are already following a healthy diet and exercise program, talk to your doctor about other possible medical problems.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Does ipratropium nasal spray interact with any other medications?
If you are taking an anticholinergic drug, eluxadoline, glycopyrrolate, or potassium chloride in sol...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
How effective are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
A long-acting beta-agonist combined with a corticosteroid reduces asthma symptoms and the frequency ...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...