Will Advair HFA cause me to gain weight?

During the official clinical trials of Advair HFA, weight gain was not seen as a side effect. However, after being released to general use, both doctors and patients have reported increases in weight while taking the medication. How often this happens, and whether the medication is the reason, is unknown.

If you do gain weight, increase your exercise to at least 30 minutes most days of the week. Eat foods that are low in fat. Eat vegetables, fruits and grains. If the weight gain continues, or if it occurs when you are already following a healthy diet and exercise program, talk to your doctor about other possible medical problems.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...