Why should I take theophylline?

Theophylline is a drug that opens up the airways (bronchodilator). It is used to treat lung problems, including asthma, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis. It also helps ease wheezing and shortness of breath. It works by relaxing the air passages, so it is easier to breathe.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Does ipratropium nasal spray interact with any other medications?
If you are taking an anticholinergic drug, eluxadoline, glycopyrrolate, or potassium chloride in sol...
How is omalizumab used to treat asthma?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune response to common airborne allergens. This reduces inf...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...