Why should I take theophylline?

Theophylline is a drug that opens up the airways (bronchodilator). It is used to treat lung problems, including asthma, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis. It also helps ease wheezing and shortness of breath. It works by relaxing the air passages, so it is easier to breathe.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
What medications interact with long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
If you are taking bromocriptine, digoxin, or a theophylline, a long-acting beta-agonist may not be a...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...