Why should I prime the ProAir inhaler before using it?

You should prime your ProAir inhaler before the first time you use it or whenever it has not been used for two weeks or more to make sure you have the proper amount of medicine in each spray. To prime the inhaler, take the cap off the mouthpiece, shake the inhaler well, and spray it into the air away from your face. Do this two more times to finish priming.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...
How effective are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
A long-acting beta-agonist combined with a corticosteroid reduces asthma symptoms and the frequency ...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
Does ipratropium nasal spray interact with any other medications?
If you are taking an anticholinergic drug, eluxadoline, glycopyrrolate, or potassium chloride in sol...