Why should I prime the ProAir inhaler before using it?

You should prime your ProAir inhaler before the first time you use it or whenever it has not been used for two weeks or more to make sure you have the proper amount of medicine in each spray. To prime the inhaler, take the cap off the mouthpiece, shake the inhaler well, and spray it into the air away from your face. Do this two more times to finish priming.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
How effective are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
A long-acting beta-agonist combined with a corticosteroid reduces asthma symptoms and the frequency ...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...