Who should take Xolair?

Xolair is intended for the treatment of asthma that is not fully controlled with other medications. If you currently take another asthma medication on a regular basis, you may need to continue taking this medication even with Xolair, while taking your doctor's advice on how to use the medications together. Xolair is safe for older adults and is generally considered safe for pregnant women.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...