Who should not use ipratropium?

Some people may be allergic to the ingredients in ipratropium inhalers or nasal spray. If you know you have this kind of allergy, you should not use this medication. Also, people who are allergic to peanuts, soybeans, soy lecithin or the drug atropine should not use ipratropium. Having certain medical conditions may also prevent you from using ipratropium. These include an enlarged prostate, obstruction of the neck of your bladder,and narrow-angle glaucoma. You should not use ipratropium bromide if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Children under 12 years of age should not use inhalers that contain ipratropium, and children under five years of age should not use ipratropiumm nasal spray.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...