When can I stop taking Dulera?

You can stop taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) when you and your doctor decide it is safe and recommended for you to stop taking it. Usually this will be once your asthma symptoms are well under control. Dulera contains two active ingredients, mometasone, an inhaled corticosteroid that reduces airway swelling and inflammation, and formoterol, which belongs to a class of drugs called long-acting beta-agonists, or LABAs, that can relax and open airways. Together they can prevent wheezing and help to control other symptoms of asthma. Your doctor may decide to switch you to another type of asthma medication after you stop taking Dulera.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

how is omalizumab used to treat asthma ?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune response to common airborne allergens. This reduces inf...
could i be allergic to advair diskus ?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems ?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
does ipratropium nasal spray interact with any other medications ?
If you are taking an anticholinergic drug, eluxadoline, glycopyrrolate, or potassium chloride in sol...