When can I stop taking Dulera?

You can stop taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) when you and your doctor decide it is safe and recommended for you to stop taking it. Usually this will be once your asthma symptoms are well under control. Dulera contains two active ingredients, mometasone, an inhaled corticosteroid that reduces airway swelling and inflammation, and formoterol, which belongs to a class of drugs called long-acting beta-agonists, or LABAs, that can relax and open airways. Together they can prevent wheezing and help to control other symptoms of asthma. Your doctor may decide to switch you to another type of asthma medication after you stop taking Dulera.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What is theophylline?
Sustained-release theophylline (Theo-24, Theochron, Uniphyl) helps to open airways and reduce inflam...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
What are the side effects of theophylline?
Side effects may include headache, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cr...