When can I stop taking Dulera?

You can stop taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) when you and your doctor decide it is safe and recommended for you to stop taking it. Usually this will be once your asthma symptoms are well under control. Dulera contains two active ingredients, mometasone, an inhaled corticosteroid that reduces airway swelling and inflammation, and formoterol, which belongs to a class of drugs called long-acting beta-agonists, or LABAs, that can relax and open airways. Together they can prevent wheezing and help to control other symptoms of asthma. Your doctor may decide to switch you to another type of asthma medication after you stop taking Dulera.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Does omalizumab have any side effects?
Side effects may include injection site reactions, upper respiratory tract and sinus infections, hea...
What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...
How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
What are the side effects of theophylline?
Side effects may include headache, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cr...