What is theophylline anhydrous injection viaflex?

Theophylline anhydrous injection viaflex is an intravenously administered form of theophylline. This prescription drug is used to treat asthma and other lung conditions, such as emphysema and bronchitis, that make it difficult to breathe. Theophylline relaxes the muscles of the chest and lungs allowing more air to move through the air passages of the lungs. The flow of more air eases the shortness of breath, coughing, and wheezing of lung-related conditions. This drug is given intravenously as an initial loading dose to establish a presence in the blood stream and to determine the proper maintenance dose.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...