What should I do if I miss a dose of Maxair?

If you forget to use your Maxair (pirbuterol) inhaler as scheduled, use it as soon as you remember it. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.

The effects of Maxair can last four hours or longer, so you should not take it more frequently than that unless your doctor says you should.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What are the side effects of theophylline?
Side effects may include headache, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cr...
How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...