What should I do if I miss a dose of Maxair?

If you forget to use your Maxair (pirbuterol) inhaler as scheduled, use it as soon as you remember it. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.

The effects of Maxair can last four hours or longer, so you should not take it more frequently than that unless your doctor says you should.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

how effective is theophylline ?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
what is theophylline ?
Sustained-release theophylline (Theo-24, Theochron, Uniphyl) helps to open airways and reduce inflam...
does theophylline interact with any other medications ?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...
what should i know about theophylline before taking it ?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...