What should I know about Advair Diskus before using it?

Before using Advair Diskus, you should know about some of the risks associated with it. Advair Diskus may increase the risk for asthma-related death. Because of this, Advair Diskus should only be used by people with severe asthma or whose asthma is not well controlled by other medications. Advair Diskus is not an emergency treatment and will not stop an asthma attack once it has started. Even if you're using Advair Diskus regularly, you should keep a short-acting bronchodilator (a rescue inhaler) with you at all times in case you need it between doses of Advair Diskus. If you need to use your short-acting bronchodilator more often than normal when you start using Advair Diskus, talk to your doctor. If you're switching from an oral steroid to Advair Diskus, it may take several months for your body to start making enough steroids to handle an injury, surgery or infection. If those events occur soon after you switch to Advair Diskus, talk to your doctor right away. Make sure you understand how to use Advair Diskus, and take it exactly as prescribed. Taking more than the recommended dose may increase the risk for serious problems such irregular heartbeat.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...
How effective are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
A long-acting beta-agonist combined with a corticosteroid reduces asthma symptoms and the frequency ...