What is pirbuterol acetate?

Pirbuterol is the active ingredient in an inhaled medication for people 12 years of age and older who have lung diseases, such as asthma, chronic bronchitis and emphysema. It is available only under the brand name Maxair. Pirbuterol is inhaled into the lungs where it works by opening up the lungs, making it easier to breathe. Pirbuterol is in a class of drugs called beta-agonist bronchodilators.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
A long-acting beta-agonist combined with a corticosteroid reduces asthma symptoms and the frequency ...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...