What should I avoid while using Maxair?

While you're using Maxair (pirbuterol), an inhaled drug prescribed for asthma and other breathing problems, you may need to avoid some medications that can interact with it. They include:
  • other asthma medications
  • cold medicines
  • medications to treat heart disease
  • beta-blockers
  • diuretics
  • antidepressants known as monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or tricyclic antidepressants (both types of drugs can interact with Maxair for up to two weeks after you stop taking them)
Other drugs may interact with Maxair as well, so talk with your doctor about any medications, vitamins and supplements you take before using Maxair.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
What are the side effects of theophylline?
Side effects may include headache, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cr...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...