What should I know about Theolair (theophylline) before taking it?

When taking Theolair (theophylline) be sure to follow the instructions on the pharmacy label. Theolair works best when there is a consistent amount of the drug in the bloodstream, so take this medication every day at the same time and do not skip doses or take extra doses. You will need regular blood tests to make sure you are maintaining the right amount of Theolair in your blood. Do not change from one brand of theophylline to another without talking to your doctor. Do not start or stop smoking without first talking to your doctor. Smoking changes the way your body uses Theolair, and you may need to use a different dosage. Avoid drinks or foods that contain caffeine, such as coffee, tea, cola and chocolate. Caffeine may increase some of the side effects of Theolair. There are many other medicines that can interact with Theolair.Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter medications you use. This includes vitamins, minerals, herbal products and drugs prescribed by other doctors. Do not start using a new medication without telling your doctor.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...