What should I know about the proper dosage of tiotropium?

The dosage for tiotropium (Spiriva HandiHaler) is very specific: Take it once a day, either in the morning or in the evening. The medicated powder is inhaled through a special device that comes with the drug. Make sure you fully understand from your doctor or pharmacist how to use the inhaler to get the right amount of the powder into your lungs.

It is important not miss a dose of tiotropium; it may help to set a specific time each day to take it.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What are the side effects of theophylline?
Side effects may include headache, restlessness, insomnia, dizziness, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cr...
How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
Does ipratropium nasal spray interact with any other medications?
If you are taking an anticholinergic drug, eluxadoline, glycopyrrolate, or potassium chloride in sol...
What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...