What should I know about the proper dosage of tiotropium?

The dosage for tiotropium (Spiriva HandiHaler) is very specific: Take it once a day, either in the morning or in the evening. The medicated powder is inhaled through a special device that comes with the drug. Make sure you fully understand from your doctor or pharmacist how to use the inhaler to get the right amount of the powder into your lungs.

It is important not miss a dose of tiotropium; it may help to set a specific time each day to take it.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...
What is theophylline?
Sustained-release theophylline (Theo-24, Theochron, Uniphyl) helps to open airways and reduce inflam...
Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...