What should I know about the proper dosage of tiotropium?

The dosage for tiotropium (Spiriva HandiHaler) is very specific: Take it once a day, either in the morning or in the evening. The medicated powder is inhaled through a special device that comes with the drug. Make sure you fully understand from your doctor or pharmacist how to use the inhaler to get the right amount of the powder into your lungs.

It is important not miss a dose of tiotropium; it may help to set a specific time each day to take it.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
Does ipratropium nasal spray interact with any other medications?
If you are taking an anticholinergic drug, eluxadoline, glycopyrrolate, or potassium chloride in sol...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...