What should I know about Arcapta Neohaler before taking it?

Before you begin using Arcapta Neohaler to treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), be aware that the capsule containing the medication, called indacaterol, is meant to be used in the Arcapta Neohaler. Do not swallow it or place it in the mouthpiece of the inhaler.

Indacaterol is used once a day and always at the same time to control symptoms of COPD over the long term. It is not intended to treat the sudden onset of symptoms, so do not use Arcapta Neohaler for this purpose.

Never take more than the prescribed dose of Arcapta Neohaler or use it in combination with other similar drugs (such as the Advair Diskus). If you need a short-acting inhaler drug, your doctor will prescribe one that is compatible with long-acting Arcapta Neohaler.

Let your doctor know what other medications you use, especially other inhalers, to avoid harmful interactions.

An Arcapta Neohaler can be dangerous for people with sensitivities or certain conditions, such as asthma or a disorder that causes convulsions.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...