What should I know about Theolair (theophylline)?

When taking Theolair (theophylline), be sure to follow the instructions on the pharmacy label. Theolair works best when there is a consistent amount of the drug in the bloodstream, so take this medication every day at the same time, and do not skip doses or take extra doses. You will need regular blood tests to make sure you are maintaining the right amount of Theolair in your blood.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
Does omalizumab have any side effects?
Side effects may include injection site reactions, upper respiratory tract and sinus infections, hea...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...