What is terbutaline?

Terbutaline is a bronchodilator. It relaxes the muscles in your airways to improve breathing. Terbutaline is used to treat wheezing and shortness of breath, known as a bronchospasm. Terbutaline is also used to treat premature labor; however, this indication has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. Although the brand is no longer available in the United States, the brand name for terbutaline is Brethine. Terbutaline is manufactured by a number of companies as a tablet or injectable form.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
Does ipratropium nasal spray have any side effects?
Side effects may include headaches, nosebleeds, a stuffy nose, and a dry nose, mouth, or throat.  T...