What is salmeterol xinafoate?

Salmeterol xinafoate is the generic name of the brand name drug Serevent. It is a prescription medication used to treat shortness of breath, wheezing, and breathing difficulties caused by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), lung diseases, bronchospasm while exercising, and asthma. The medication is in the form of an inhaler and works by relaxing and opening the air passageways in your lungs so that you can breathe easier.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...