What is salmeterol?

Salmeterol is a prescription medication used to treat shortness of breath, wheezing and breathing difficulties caused by chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), exercise-induced bronchospasm, asthma and other lung disorders. The medication is taken via inhaler, and works by relaxing and opening the airways in your lungs so that you can breathe more easilly.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...