What is Foradil Certihaler?

Foradil Certihaler is the brand name for an inhaler that contains the active ingredient formoterol. The term "Certihaler" refers to the patented device used to aerosolize Foradil for inhalation; however, the Certihaler has been discontinued and replaced by the Aerolizer. The drug belongs to the class of drugs known as long-acting beta2-adrenergic agonist (LABA) medicines used to treat asthma. It helps airway muscles in your lungs relax, which helps to prevent asthma symptoms such as shortness of breath and wheezing. This drug is used in combination with other long-term asthma control medicines, such as inhaled corticosteroids.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...