What is Atrovent HFA?

Atrovent HFA is a brand-name prescription medication that prevents symptoms of asthma, emphysema and chronic bronchitis. These symptoms include: difficulty breathing, chest tightness, coughing and wheezing. The active ingredient in this medication is ipratropium, a bronchodilator that works by opening and relaxing the airways to the lungs to help you breathe more freely. This medication is available as a hand-held inhaler.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...