What is Atrovent HFA?

Atrovent HFA is a brand-name prescription medication that prevents symptoms of asthma, emphysema and chronic bronchitis. These symptoms include: difficulty breathing, chest tightness, coughing and wheezing. The active ingredient in this medication is ipratropium, a bronchodilator that works by opening and relaxing the airways to the lungs to help you breathe more freely. This medication is available as a hand-held inhaler.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...
How is omalizumab used to treat asthma?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune response to common airborne allergens. This reduces inf...
What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...