What is the Asmanex Twisthaler?

The Asmanex Twisthaler (a brand-name drug containing the active ingredient mometasone powder) prevents asthma symptoms and reduces the frequency of asthma attacks. It doesn't treat the symptoms of an asthma attack. Part of the class of drugs called corticosteroids, mometasone powder helps reduce swelling in the lungs and airways so breathing is easier. This drug comes with very specific instructions, so be sure you are using it properly for full effect.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
How effective are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
A long-acting beta-agonist combined with a corticosteroid reduces asthma symptoms and the frequency ...