What should I know about ipratropium before using it?

Before using an ipratropium inhaler, you should know that it is not intended to treat severe breathing difficulty, such as an acute asthma attack, where you must have rapid relief of your symptoms. You should also know that it is important not to get ipratropium in your eyes. If you do accidentally spray this medication in your eyes, you should rinse them thoroughly with water. Also, you should be aware that there is a risk of side effects, including an allergic reaction, and there is a risk that ipratropium could make your symptoms worse rather than relieving them.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
What is theophylline?
Sustained-release theophylline (Theo-24, Theochron, Uniphyl) helps to open airways and reduce inflam...
How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...