What should I do if I miss a dose of Serevent?

If you miss a dose of Serevent (salmeterol), take it as soon as possible. If it is already time to take your next dose, take only that dose. Never double up on doses. Overdoses of Serevent can cause a range of side effects, including extreme tiredness, insomnia, dizziness, dry mouth, nausea, muscle cramps and weakness, headaches, tremors, nervousness, blurred vision, irregular heartbeat, fainting, chest pain and seizures. Be aware that Serevent is used to prevent asthma attacks and treat chronic COPD. It is not intended for use if an asthma attack is already in progress.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...