What happens if I miss a dose of Serevent?

If you miss a dose of Serevent (salmeterol), take it as soon as possible. If it is already time to take your next dose, take only that dose. Never double up on doses. Overdoses of Serevent can cause a range of side effects, including extreme tiredness, insomnia, dizziness, dry mouth, nausea, muscle cramps and weakness, headache, tremors, nervousness, blurred vision, irregular heartbeat, fainting, chest pain, and seizures. Be aware that Serevent is to prevent asthma attacks and treat chronic COPD. It is not intended for use if an asthma attack is already in progress.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
How effective are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
A long-acting beta-agonist combined with a corticosteroid reduces asthma symptoms and the frequency ...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...