What should I do to clean my mouth after my dose of Advair HFA?

Gargle and rinse your mouth with water after using your Advair HFA. This will help lessen the chance of infections of the mouth, including thrush or other similar yeast infection.  In addition, this helps to prevent dryness and relieve throat irritation. Do not swallow the rinse water.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Does omalizumab have any side effects?
Side effects may include injection site reactions, upper respiratory tract and sinus infections, hea...
How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...