What should I check each time before using my Advair HFA?

Make sure the counter on the canister doesn't read zero. If it does, throw it away and open a new one. Look at the expiration date to make sure that the Advair HFA is still good. Each time you use it, check carefully to make sure the canister fits firmly in the plastic actuator.

Also, look into the mouthpiece to make sure it's clear. This is very important if the strap is no longer attached to the actuator, or if the cap is not being used to cover the mouthpiece.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
What medications interact with long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
If you are taking bromocriptine, digoxin, or a theophylline, a long-acting beta-agonist may not be a...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...