What should I know about arformoterol before inhaling it?

Arformoterol inhalation solution is not necessarily effective for treating asthma. In fact, it may cause more serious episodes of asthma than it prevents.

There is not valid evidence to determine whether arformoterol increases mortality in people with COPD. However, you should read the available evidence and talk carefully with your doctor to make sure that taking arformoterol is a good decision for you.

You should also be aware that arformoterol is a purely preventative medicine. It cannot help you in the event of an acute breathing problem; you should have another type of rapid-acting medicine on hand. Because arformoterol is a potentially dangerous drug, you should be careful to take it at exactly the dose and frequency at which it was prescribed.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...
Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...
What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
How is omalizumab used to treat asthma?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune response to common airborne allergens. This reduces inf...