Can I safely use Advair Diskus while I am pregnant?

Advair Diskus is designated a Category C drug by the United States Food and Drug Administration, which means that it is harmful to fetuses in animals but has not been extensively studied in humans. Advair Diskus and other Category C drugs can be given to a pregnant woman if the doctor thinks the benefits to her are greater than the risk to her unborn child.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
Does omalizumab have any side effects?
Side effects may include injection site reactions, upper respiratory tract and sinus infections, hea...