Can I safely use Advair Diskus while I am pregnant?

Advair Diskus is designated a Category C drug by the United States Food and Drug Administration, which means that it is harmful to fetuses in animals but has not been extensively studied in humans. Advair Diskus and other Category C drugs can be given to a pregnant woman if the doctor thinks the benefits to her are greater than the risk to her unborn child.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...
Does ipratropium nasal spray interact with any other medications?
If you are taking an anticholinergic drug, eluxadoline, glycopyrrolate, or potassium chloride in sol...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...