Is it safe to use Advair Diskus while I am breastfeeding?

It is not known whether fluticasone propionate and salmeterol, the active ingredients in Advair Diskus pass into breast milk. If you are nursing, your doctor may prescribe an alternative asthma medication or may recommend that you switch to bottle feeding.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know before taking omalizumab?
It is not known if omalizumab is safe or effective for children under 6 years of age. Omalizumab ma...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
Does theophylline interact with any other medications?
If you are taking deferasirox, iobenguane I-123, pancuronium, or riociguat, theophylline can lead to...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...