Can I use pirbuterol during my pregnancy?

Pirbuterol has been given a "C" pregnancy rating by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), meaning that risk to the fetus cannot be excluded. However, experts generally agree that it is better for the fetus if your asthma is under good control during your pregnancy. The risk of low oxygen to the baby--which will occur if your asthma is not well-controlled--is probably worse than the risk to the fetus of potential side effects of pirbuterol. The best thing to do is to discuss your concerns and questions with your doctor. Together, you can come up with a treatment plan that keeps you and your developing baby as safe and healthy as possible.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...
How effective is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium reduces the severity and duration of a runny nose. But it has no effect on other symptom...
Does ipratropium nasal spray have any side effects?
Side effects may include headaches, nosebleeds, a stuffy nose, and a dry nose, mouth, or throat.  T...
What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...