Should I use arformoterol if I am pregnant?

No. Although the safety of arformoterol use by pregnant women is unknown, studies in animals showed bad results. Scientists gave pregnant rats and rabbits high doses of arformoterol. Compared to usual human doses, rats were given doses 370 times higher and rabbits were given doses 22,000 times higher. Arformoterol caused birth defects in both species. No studies have been done in pregnant women. Experts do not know exactly how maternal arformoterol will affect an unborn child. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, be sure that the doctor who will prescribe arformoterol for you knows. You and your doctor will have to weigh the benefits to you with the potential risks to your unborn baby.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

What should I know about theophylline before taking it?
If you take theophylline, you should avoid alcohol. If you have a seizure disorder that is not adeq...
How effective is theophylline at treating asthma?
Theophylline is an alternative treatment for asthma. When taken alone, it improves lung function, bu...
How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...
Can taking antiasthma medications increase my risk for eye problems?
Risks of taking Dulera for asthma Taking the asthma drug Dulera (mometasone and formoterol) may incr...