Should I use arformoterol if I am pregnant?

No. Although the safety of arformoterol use by pregnant women is unknown, studies in animals showed bad results. Scientists gave pregnant rats and rabbits high doses of arformoterol. Compared to usual human doses, rats were given doses 370 times higher and rabbits were given doses 22,000 times higher. Arformoterol caused birth defects in both species. No studies have been done in pregnant women. Experts do not know exactly how maternal arformoterol will affect an unborn child. If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, be sure that the doctor who will prescribe arformoterol for you knows. You and your doctor will have to weigh the benefits to you with the potential risks to your unborn baby.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...
Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
How effective is theophylline?
Only the sustained-release form of theophylline has been shown to help COPD. Some studies have shown...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...