Should I use arformoterol if I am breastfeeding?

No. Although the amount of arformoterol that gets passed into human breast milk is unknown, animal studies have shown that it is passed. In the studies, nursing rats given arformoterol did produce milk with a measurable amount of the drug. Since no such studies have been done in nursing mothers, it is best to be cautious. It is unknown how arformoterol in the milk might affect the feeding baby. If you are breastfeeding, be sure that the doctor who prescribes arformoterol for you knows.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How effective are bronchodilators for the treatment of COPD?
Bronchodilators can provide fast relief of symptoms for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary di...
What are long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilators?
Long-acting beta-agonists relax and open the airways in the same way as short-acting beta agonists, ...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
Does omalizumab interact with any other medications?
If you are taking belimumab or loxapine, omalizumab can lead to side effects and should be avoided. ...