Should I use arformoterol if I am breastfeeding?

No. Although the amount of arformoterol that gets passed into human breast milk is unknown, animal studies have shown that it is passed. In the studies, nursing rats given arformoterol did produce milk with a measurable amount of the drug. Since no such studies have been done in nursing mothers, it is best to be cautious. It is unknown how arformoterol in the milk might affect the feeding baby. If you are breastfeeding, be sure that the doctor who prescribes arformoterol for you knows.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

How is omalizumab used to treat nasal allergies?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune system reaction to common airborne allergens. Although ...
What should I know before taking a long-acting beta-agonist bronchodilator?
Long-acting beta-agonists slightly increase the risks of a severe asthma attack, hospitalization, an...
How is omalizumab used to treat asthma?
Omalizumab (Xolair) blocks the body's immune response to common airborne allergens. This reduces inf...
What should I know before using ipratropium nasal spray?
If you have bladder neck obstruction, enlarged prostate (BPH), or narrow-angle glaucoma, ipratropium...