How should I take Xopenex?

You should use Xopenex exactly as directed by your doctor. Typically, this will be one or two puffs four to six times per day. Xopenex is used by means of a nebulizer or inhaler. If taken with a nebulizer, you'll need to follow your doctor's instructions on how to properly set up the device with your medication. While administering your dose, you should breathe evenly, calmly and deeply until all of the medicine is inhaled and there is no more mist. Then, clean the nebulizer as the manufacturer directs. If using an inhaler, make sure you're holding the inhaler upright and to hold your breath for 10 seconds after you inhale the mist. Always keep your mouth tightly sealed around the open end to avoid getting any of the drug in your eyes.

Continue Learning about Antiasthma

Could I be allergic to Advair Diskus?
It is possible to have an allergic reaction to the medicines contained in your Advair Diskus inhaler...
What is ipratropium nasal spray?
Ipratropium (Atrovent) is a prescription nasal spray that reduces the amount of fluid and mucus in t...
How effective is omalizumab at treating nasal allergies?
Omalizumab has been shown to provide symptom relief, lessen the need for rescue medication, and impr...
Can medication cure COPD?
Below are a list of medications often used to treat symtoms of COPD: Brovana: Brovana (arformoter...